[Zope-CMF] Re: FSDocument type

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Nov 1 08:41:18 EST 2004

Hi!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> -1 for adding file system content to skins
>>
>> Maybe together with a 'portal-type'ish' subclass of DirectoryView your
>> proposal would become more 'CMF'ish'?
>

> The only "assumption" that my proposal runs counter to is "skins are
> only for presentation/code". Content and presentation is still fully
> separated.
>
> I also think that what I currently is very CMFish. The FSDocument even
> has its own type information etc, I did not see a need to create another
> base class somewhere...

Well. I still don't like the idea to have content layers in skins. But I
see the point that using the skins tool is an easy way to inject content
to the site root.

The question I had in mind was how this works together with a folder
structure. I guess for mounting fs directories as subfolders or using
subfolders on the file system a new 'portal-type'ish' DirectoryView
class would be useful.

Cheers,
	Yuppie