[Zope-CMF] Re: FSDocument type

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Nov 1 08:55:35 EST 2004

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I want to convert an existing site that uses pretty much static content
> (in this case good old DTMLDocuments) to CMF. I want that content to end
> up on the file system in skins to improve maintainability. The most
> logical content type to use is the CMF Document. Now, there is no
> filesystem equivalent so I'm currently stitching one together.
>
> Question: I'd prefer this to go into CMFDefaul rather than stay a
> separate thing. Any concerns or comments (or yay/nays)?

We already have an FSSTXDocument type, added as a way to configure
"help" pages as skins.  I would be glad to have that class generalized /
extended to support static HTML.

Yuppie's notion of a "content-space" DirectoryView has merit, as well.
Such an object might need some UI for setting policies separately from
those of the "software" type.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com