[Zope-CMF] Re: [RFC] Question on CMF Collector issue 49

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Nov 12 11:10:09 EST 2004

On Nov 12, 2004, at 17:00, Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> The changes needed to fix it seem straightforward to me, but I am
>>> wondering if anyone out there is relying on the specific formatting
>>> returned by portal_types.listDefaultTypeInformation whose code could
>>> break if the formatting were to change.
>> If no one has any specific reasons against fixing the bug by changing
>> the format to include the type's "id" I will check in a fix (on HEAD
>> only for now) in the next few days.
>
> What if multiple products define a type info with the same ID?
> Because the "add FTI" form allows the user to override the ID, this
> scenario still works under the current UI;  how would you allow it
> under yours?

The behavior on the form will not be affected, the proposed change is
only affecting the dropdown list of addable FTIs so that you can have
FTIs in a product with the same meta_type (but different portal_type),
which right now show up looking exactly the same in the dropdown. And
when the form gets processed this "same-ness" leads to the fact that
you can only ever instantiate one of those types with the same
meta_type.

jens