[Zope-CMF] tests with CMF 1.4 and Zope 2.7.3

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Nov 16 13:03:58 EST 2004

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Just a FYI, after battling once more with unit tests I finally found how
> to run them in the 1.4 branch (and not run them twice!) with Zope 2.7.3.
>
> The magic line is:
> bin/zopectl test -v --import-testing --dir Products/CMFCore '!test_all'

Aha! zopectl test is shorter for python test.py -C etc/zope.conf. Is
that new? I don't remember seeing it before... (Checks ah, new in 2.7.3).

Man, there are to many ways of doing things in Zope2.7! :)

  -v seems to be default in zopectl test, according to the source, so
that can be skipped, btw.

Tres Seaver wrote:
 > Sounds fine.  We should probably remove the 'test_all.py' files, and
 > add  a TESTING.txt file to the top-level directory which doeuments
 > your  recipe as the "standard" way to do things.

+1. And maybe get rid of one of the copies of test,py, preferably
keeping bin/test.py? OK, not a CMF issue, but still...