[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 22 14:20:30 EST 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-11-22 16:02 +0100:
>Sorry for the misleading sentence. I don't propose to remove the
>possibility to register Action providers. I just propose to get rid of
>ActionProviderBase.

If you think, Action providers can still be useful (which I am sure),
why would you like to remove its base class?

>Don't know if this covers all use cases: Am I right that normally there
>is only a small set of workflow Actions needed by a site, even if it has
>many different workflows? I mean the set of properties like title and
>the URL expression.

While different workflows may well have very similar action sets,
this need not always be the case.
We use for example some orthoganal workflows covering different
types of use. Of course, the actions must clearly be distinguished.

--
Dieter