[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup Status

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Nov 23 15:34:13 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering what the status of CMFSetup is?
> Are there any known bugs on the 1.5 branch?

There are some not-yet-implemented features;  yuppie has added a
workaround, which uses the old PortalGenerator methods to emulate them.

http://collector.zope.org/CMF/collector_contents?searching=yep&topics%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=CMFSetup

> How up to date is:
> http://cvs.zope.org/*checkout*/CMF/CMFSetup/README.txt?rev=1.9&only_with_tag=CMF-1_5-branch

Pretty well.

> Has more progress been made on the HEAD?

AFAIK, all work has been backported to 1.5.

> Are both FTI's and STI's catered for?

Yes.  UTSL.

> How would I go about catering for
> another type of type information or maybe another type of content object
> (from my own custom product)?

Use a new kind of export / import step in your profile (look at the ones
in 'CMFSetup/typeinfo.py' for samples.

> What about custom skin layers and the like?

'CMFSetup/skins.py' already dumps all FSDV's in the skins tool, and
reloads them.  If you want to actually save the scripts in a non-FSDV
layer, "patches accepted".

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com