[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Wed Nov 24 08:39:49 EST 2004

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>
>> Lennart Regebro wrote at 2004-11-23 21:23 +0100:
>>
>>> Well, unless we make workflows inherit from other workflows, I think
>>> we need  to continue to be redundant...
>>

>> Which would be a really good thing (allowing to derive new workflows
>> from existing one).
>

> True, but it's a really big change, and I have a hard time seeing how it
> can be done with DCWorkflow.

It wouldn't be too hard;  basically, the approach would be make the
current "subcontainers" (the Scripts, Transitions, etc. objects) behave
like "layered" containers (their '_getOb', 'objectIds', etc. would look
"up" to the parent, too).

The only really *hard* part about it would be the lack of unittests for
DCWorkflow.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com