[Zope-CMF] Re: collector 198 and missing skins

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Nov 24 13:50:10 EST 2004

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2004-11-24 12:41 +0100:
>That would be:
>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2004-February/006645.html
>This looks nice but CMF cannot rely on code that is not in core ZODB.
>Have you tested that code a lot?

There are unit tests that check that the "_p_sticky" declaration
prevents deactivation at subtransaction boundaries
and that object can be deactivated at transaction boundaries.

We use it since about 9 months.

Not sure whether these two facts satisfy your "tested a lot"...

>Could you put it as a patch in the
>Collector?

I can.

>For core ZODB, as Tim says in
>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2004-November/008208.html
>an object can be gc'ed and thus deactivated at any time, so we have
>to find a solution that doesn't rely on _v_ attributes.

You will miss interesting use cases when you require a REQUEST
object (use of skinning in not Zope ZEO clients).

--
Dieter