[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Nov 25 12:39:08 EST 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-11-24 21:43 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> yuppie wrote at 2004-11-24 12:25 +0100:
>>
>>>- in many cases it is not obvious where to store or find an Action
>>
>> There is room for preferences: I would store them locally,
>> some of my colleagues would prefer a central place.
>
>I'm sure you know how to import this:
>
>"There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it."

Then stay with the current action model! Why inventing a new one?

   Your proposal breaks all existing instances and
   all tools that build on the current CMFCore action model.

I have many dozens of instances and have built dozens of tools
that use the current action model.

Maybe, you understand that I am quite hostile to your proposal.

Your proposal may be something for CMF-NG (or CMF2 or CMF for Zope 3)
but it should not remove essential infrastructure in CMF
(like "ActionProviderBase") that are essential for todays tools
build on top of CMF.

--
Dieter