[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] enhancing Actions: a rough proposal

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Fri Nov 26 06:07:51 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Maybe, you understand that I am quite hostile to your proposal.

Wow. Hostile... Cool. Will the hostilities break out in geniune
flamewars? News at ten! :-)

I think the idea of making actions objects, and action providers folders
are fine. This can also be easily upgraded. I have yet to understand the
purpoise of removing the action providers. But as I understand it, this
is no longer an issue.

Types and workflows should definitely be action providers. The other
action providers in CMF core could possibly be merged. There should be a
  base class that implements an ordered folder where you can put actions.

What is an action should be defined by it implementing an interface, in
normal ways, so that you can make your won action classes, if you like.