[Zope-CMF] Re: modifying TypeInformation's properties

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Sep 2 15:34:35 EDT 2004

Hi!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Standard use case: flagging certain types for certain kind of operations
> in the portal. For instance I want to only display certain content types
> in some menus (like in advanced search: cps_is_searchable). Or I want to
> add some types (portlets) in some menus. Or I want to flag some types as
> being displayed in the "folderish" parts of a folder listing, and others
> as "documentish" (cps_display_as_document_in_listing, to have a  view
> that presents folders at top then documents).
>
> For all these, the natural place to add information is on the TI object
> itself.

Still trying to understand the use cases:

How are these flags configured, e.g. if I want to write a content type
that should work with CPS? Can I set the properties as part of the fti
data in my product? Can I set them in the Types Tool TTW? Or does a CPS
tool set them, using properties like annotations?

Cheers,
	Yuppie