[Zope-CMF] CMFExternalFile - bad zip?? (qv Plone Book p 306)

Peter Fraterdeus peterf at semiotx.com
Mon Sep 13 13:33:03 EDT 2004

Thanks Andy
I downloaded to my Mac OS X laptop, and found that the Finder recognized it as a tar archive (regardless of the suffix!) I rezipped and uploaded to my server... No further problems!

BTW, your book is invaluable!!!
Funny how online docs just don't make it for me. After reading (currently into Chap 12 on Products) on-and-off for the last couple of weeks, the big picture is much more clear to me, I'm seeing how Python works within the Plone context, and feel like I'm starting to see some flexibility in my options. Certainly, the "email to the admin" script tutorial has been worth the price by itself!

One hope for the next edition! There are a lot of us now using OS X as a unix development environment. Would be nice to see a couple of Mac screen shots ;-)

Mille grazie!

All best

Peter

>Just rezipped it for you, give this one a try: http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/collective/CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip
>
>Peter Fraterdeus wrote:
>>Sorry if this is the wrong list.
>>I'm trying to get CMFExternalFile (qv Andy's Plone Book p 306) from the collective, but can't unzip the file. Results follow:
>>

>>Perhaps I'm missing something really obvious here??? Tried the same DL from a couple of different mirrors...
>>Many thanks!
>>
>>Peter
>>
>>[root at sb01 zope]# lynx http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/collective/CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip
>>[root at sb01 zope]# unzip CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip Archive:  CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip
>>  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
>>  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
>>  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
>>  the last disk(s) of this archive.
>>unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip or
>>        CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip.zip, and cannot find CMFExternalFile.0.5.zip.ZIP, period.
>
>--
>  Andy McKay
>  Enfold Systems
>  http://www.enfoldsystems.com

Peter Fraterdeus        http://plone.fraterdeus.com  http://www.galenaphotos.com

http://www.semiotx.com	Web Strategy Consulting
"Words that work."(tm)  Communication Design and Typography