[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 release candidate imminent

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Sep 24 17:43:14 EDT 2004

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> I would like to make the RC this weekend, unless somebody has an ongoing
> bugfix which is both *imminent* and *important* enough to "stop the
> presses".  If I don't hear from anybody, I will tag the release sometime
> tomorrow morning (EST).

Well. While I'm glad you want to move on, this comes a bit as a surprise.

There are two checkins I'm still not happy with:

1.) The TypeInformation properties change:
<http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCore/TypesTool.py.diff?r1=1.74.2.1&r2=1.74.2.2>

The last response from Florent regarding my critical remarks was:
"I'll have to think about all that..."
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-September/021218.html>

This change was never finished and I propose to back it out if the open
issues are not resolved.

2.) The permalink checkin:
<http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFDefault/skins/zpt_generic/main_template.pt.diff?r1=1.13&r2=1.15>

The last thing we discussed was moving the permalink stuff to a new
experimental skin.
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-August/021140.html>

Besides that there are still some open issues with CMFSetup. I think
there should be at least a warning in the release notes that CMFSetup is
still experimental in some respects.

If time is the problem, I can make the necessary changes tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
	Yuppie