[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] RFC: Extensible propertysheet use cases

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 30 16:45:10 EDT 2004

yuppie wrote at 2004-9-29 22:43 +0200:
>> Use case:  Designer records action-specific annotations
>> [...]
>>   We would likely implement this by adding a link on the main
>>   "Actions" tab which pointed to the "full" propertysheet for the
>>   action.  Again, we would need to extend CMFSetup to deal with the
>>   extra properties.
>
>I'm a bit confused. The two implementations mentioned here don't use
>PropertySheets, they use PropertyManager. Reading 'propertysheet' in the
>subject I hoped there might be other proposals than those I know already.

A "PropertyManager" manages a single "propertysheet".
I think, what Tres wants to express: all additional (maybe all)
property are available on a separate page. He calls this page
the property sheet of the action.

>None of the use cases I'm aware of requires the ability to add different
>properties for each TypeInfo / Action instance.

My use case does ;-)

>A CMFDefault site ships with 51 Actions. It's a nightmare to "record
>action-specific annotations" using the PropertyManager UI.

Not all of them need to be special. Usually, only a few (especially
important ones) are. Standard actions almost surely do not need
additional annotations (maybe beside description).

--
Dieter