[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] failing tests and other unit test issues

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Apr 4 13:22:28 EDT 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> yuppie  <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
>
>>3.) Zope 2.8 warnings
>>
>>'Zope2' is not available in Zope 2.7 and 'Zope' is deprecated in Zope
>>2.8. Same with 'transaction' and 'get_transaction'.
>>
>>Has anybody a better idea to resolve it than this way:
> [...]
> I was thinking of:
>
> try:
>     import transaction
> except ImportError:
>     # BBB: for Zope 2.7
>     class BBBTransaction:
>         def begin(self): get_transaction().begin()
>         def commit(sub=False): get_transaction().commit(sub)
>         def abort(sub=False): get_transaction().abort(sub)
>     transaction = BBBTransaction()
>
> And just use transaction.begin() everywhere in the code.

I like that idea and plan to use it with two small modifications:

1.) fixing the bugs in BBBTransaction ;)

2.) adding BBBTransaction to CMFCore.tests.base.utils and using this in
tests:

try:
     import transaction
except ImportError:
     # BBB: for Zope 2.7
     from Products.CMFCore.tests.base.utils import transaction

Cheers,

	Yuppie