[Zope-CMF] Re: setSecurityProfile

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Apr 15 13:36:27 EDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 19:29, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> yuppie  <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
>> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>>> I'll be changing MemberData.setSecurityProfile to use
>>> user._doChangeUser() instead of hitting the attributes directly, if
>>> nobody sees a problem with that.
>>
>> Why not userFolderEditUser()?
>
> I checked this in (for 1.5 and HEAD).
>
> As usual unit tests took the longest time, MemberData is hardly tested
> at all :(

Thanks Florent!

Actually, MemberData is kind of a weird subject.

Its interactions with the underlying user folder are a little odd and
lack clear policy. Some things are written out to the user folder,
others stay in the wrapper. Most things are looked up in the wrapper
and sometimes create inconsistencies with the actual user database if
it gets updated without the CMF knowing.

Maybe I could try and think of an extension that allows you to specify
what gets written where (and looked up where), some simple ZMI UI on
the MemberDataTool. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

jens