[Zope-CMF] Use unicode or string (char encoding?) for CMF content?

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Wed Apr 20 15:19:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am programmatically creating batches of CMFDefault (Link) content from
RSS feeds. The feeds use a wide variety of character sets, including for
example arabic. The RSS parser then produces unicode data out of the RSS
feeds.

The question becomes, does CMF 1.4.x / do its content types fully
support using unicode? Or are there some limitations to this?

If strings are to be used in some places rather than unicode, does CMF
1.4.x support using UTF-8 encoding everywhere?

What about CMF 1.5.x?

I would think these issues are of wide interest so I the information
must exist somewhere already... any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

  Petri