[Zope-CMF] Bad interaction between CMF 1.4 and Zope 2.8 (catalog-getObject-raises)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 10:28:58 EDT 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:
>>>Specifically, in CMFCatalogAware.reindexObjectSecurity (recently
>>>introduced by Florent Guillaume if I recall), it assumes getObject()
>>>will return None in a failure.
>>
>>Yes, see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/337 which I'm about to fix.

This is a bad fix IMNSHO :-(

Why was getObject not returning an object?

That condition has been accepted for far too long and, reading the rest
of the thread here, seems to be a bug in this case.

Furthermore, rather than effectively re-implementing getObject in CMF
code, why didn't we just catch the exceptions that are now being raised?

Anyone mind if I revert this checking?

cheers,

Chris - hmm, this tyre has a puncture, lets put more air in it but not
actually patch the hole...

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk