[Zope-CMF] Re: xsl/xul and FSPageTemplate

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk
Tue Aug 2 06:11:45 EDT 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:

> Why don't you create your own FSXSLTemplate object ? It's pretty easy to
> register this kind of objects within the CMF using the dedicated
> registry. It might even sub-class FSPageTemplate if it makes sense in
> your case. I would do it like this myself.

We could, but kupu seems like the wrong place to be registering such as
general purpose object. A better place might be Archetypes (both kupu and
archetypes currently register xsl file extensions), but it sounds to me
like a general enough requirement that possibly it should just be in
CMFCore (also, kupu can run without Archetypes being present & vice versa,
so if either defined a suitable class they would both need to define it).

Yes, subclassing FSPageTemplate to not lose the extension by default would
be sufficient.