[Zope-CMF] Re: Five:traversable and PortalContent

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Dec 1 11:59:02 EST 2005

Hi!

Brent Hendricks wrote:
> On 11/30/05, Lennart Regebro <regebro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I think it *is* in the core now. I'm not sure it should be, though.
>
> The only five:traversable declarations I see in the core now are for
> the workflow and types tools.

Right.

>> It's there to allow you to make views for objects, and I'm not at all
>> sure it's a good idea to have that feature turned on for everything
>> like that. It has caused me trouble earlier, I know that.
>
> Right.  Clearly it messes something up, but I'm not sure what exactly.
>
> So for folks working on CMF viewification, have you seen this problem?
> Or do you declare traversable at some other level?

This is just a testing issue. The new PlacelessSetup based tests don't
play well with the old tests that depend on Zope2.startup().
PlacelessSetup tears down stuff that is set up by Zope2.startup().

I hope this is fixed now for 1.6 and 2.0, but if the tests in your
sandbox have a different order than in my sandbox you might still see
some broken tests.

Cheers,

	Yuppie