[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup TI listing

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Dec 13 05:01:11 EST 2005

Hi Florent!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> CMFCore.browser.typeinfo.FactoryTypeInformationAddView.getProfileInfos
> parses all the profiles types/*.xml files to check their meta_type. Why
> not check simply typesinfo.xml ?

The CMF 1.5 version of typesinfo.xml doesn't contain the meta_type. My
plan was to parse old profiles as well, at least in CMF 1.6. I'll fix
the parsing of old types/*.xml files, it doesn't work right now.

Besides that those add views are work in progress - I plan to add
similar views for all tools. This will make changes in the shared code
necessary.

> Also, why is the meta_type information duplicated in typesinfo.xml and
> types/foo.xml?

The adapter for the container is responsible for creating empty
sub-objects. So in this case the TypesToolXMLAdapter needs to know the
meta_type information to find the correct class.

The meta_type information in types/foo.xml isn't strictly necessary, but
it allows to see to which meta_type the XML file belongs and to check
the meta_type before applying an XML file to an object.

I also could imagine situations where we want to use those XML files
outside a profile that contains a typesinfo.xml.

Cheers,

	Yuppie