[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup: allowed_container_types

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Dec 13 07:03:46 EST 2005

On 13 Dec 2005, at 12:50, yuppie wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> When importing an type information from an extension profile, I'm
>> finding the need to have it specify in which containers'
>> allowed_content_types it should be added. I'd like to add a pseudo-
>> property allowed_container_types for this. It would have to be
>> read and written specially.
>> It could even be added to CMF's TI as a real property.
>
> Not sure how you want to implement this as a real property. How
> would it interact with 'allowed_content_types' of the container?

We'd have to decide which if you AND or OR them. As it's a
configuration facility, I'd say OR is enough.

> If it isn't a real property I would not like to add a dependency
> like that on profile level.
>
> I'd propose to implement an update mode for list properties and to
> add an update file for each allowed container. Something like that:
>
> <object name="MyContainer">
>  <property name="allowed_content_types">
>   <element value="MyType"/>
>  </property>
> </object>
>
> (Didn't have a look at the code. I guess this currently overwrites
> the list and maybe that's what it should do by default. But we
> could add an explicit mode="update" to enforce an update mode.)

Yes that was another option I'd considered but found more complex,
but if you think it's ok I'll look at how to implement it. The
mode="update" would be an attribute of <property>, right ?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com