[Zope-CMF] Checkin lists policy query (Was "Re: New Software Space UI")

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Jan 13 08:27:24 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:

> I got a message like this after commit:
>
> Your mail to 'Zope3-Checkins' with the subject
>
>     SVN:
> Zope3/branches/roger-sourcequeryview/src/zope/app/rotterdam/zope3.js
> Change javascript for supporting mozilla

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>

> http://mail.zope.org/mailman/confirm/zope3-checkins/1ad947a8694ab0a8aa0dba57
> d215523e9af5efb3

The current policy is causing us to lose the archive of checkin
messages.  We need to reverse the "subscribers-only" policy for the
checkins lists, perhaps replacing it with a check that the posting comes
from {cvs,svn}.zope.org.  It is *not* a reasonable expectation that
every potential committer knows to subscribe to all the possible
checkins lists.

I know of the following lists for which this policy should apply:

   List                   Repository Region
   zope-checkins          /Zope (CVS and SVN)
   cmf-checkins           /CMF (CVS)
   zope3-checkins         /Zope3 (SVN)
   zope-cvs               other

Tres.