[Zope-CMF] Moving CMF into subversion (was: Moving to CMF 1.5.2)

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jul 4 04:50:36 EDT 2005

On 3 Jul 2005, at 23:19, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Yes, I would use that migration script that comes with SVN which
> claims to retain all history. Tomorrow, time permitting, I might
> make a copy of the CMF tree inside the CVS repository and run the
> migration script against it. I want to product a test-migrated
> instance in svn.zope.org that we can all look at to see if this
> will work.

So I've played around with cvs2svn in a sandbox that contains a copy
of the cvs.zope.org CVSROOT and the /CMF folder but I'm running into
a problem.

Back when the original Zope migration happened the script would
create a hierarchy like this, which is the hierarchy used for all
projects on svn.zope.org and I'd like to stick to that:

/repository/projectname/[trunk|tags|branches]

With version 1.2.1 of the cvs2svn package (and with an unknown older
version that I found in Jim's home directory on cvs.zope.org) I can
only produce this kind of hierarchy:

/repository/[trunk|tags|branches]/projectname

I've even hacked the cvs2svn script itself, but to no avail so far.
Does anyone have a version that does it the "old" way so we're not
mixing up these two policies on svn.zope.org?

jens