[Zope-CMF] Moving CMF into SVN

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Jul 9 08:37:07 EDT 2005

I have created a cvs2svn migration test sandbox for CMF on svn.zope.org:

http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/jens/CMF/

This represents an import from the current state of the CVS
repository. It is looking pretty good, except for one niggle: The
"branch/tag/trunk"-folders don't represent the direct root for the
project files - they all contain a CMF directory which is the root
for the project files.

I found one cvs2svn FAQ (currently unavailable, server is down) that
describes how to create a repository structure as known from
svn.zope.org, where the "trunk", "branches" and "tags" directories
are *inside* the main project directory. The "normal" way of
operation for cvs2svn will create trunk/branches/tags directories at
the very top of the repository and "share" them for all projects in
the repository. However, that FAQ leads to the outcome described
above, which still differs slightly from the other projects on
svn.zope.org.

Please take a look at the svn sandbox and give me your opinions. It
seems that the history is being transferred correctly, just that one
small layout problem remains.

jens