[Zope-CMF] Re: Moving CMF into SVN

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Jul 10 06:05:05 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I have created a cvs2svn migration test sandbox for CMF on svn.zope.org:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/jens/CMF/
>
> This represents an import from the current state of the CVS  repository.
> It is looking pretty good, except for one niggle: The
> "branch/tag/trunk"-folders don't represent the direct root for the
> project files - they all contain a CMF directory which is the root  for
> the project files.

Well. I might well be missing something. But if I read the comment for
_make_path() correctly, you just have to run cvs2svn from within the CMF
directory. Did you try that already?

HTH, Yuppie

Here is the comment I refer to:

     # For a while, we treated each top-level subdir of the CVS
     # repository as a "project root" and interpolated the appropriate
     # genealogy (trunk|tag|branch) in according to the official
     # recommended layout.  For example, the path '/foo/bar/baz.c' on
     # branch 'Rel2' would become
     #
     #   /foo/branches/Rel2/bar/baz.c
     #
     # and on trunk it would become
     #
     #   /foo/trunk/bar/baz.c
     #
     # However, we went back to the older and simpler method of just
     # prepending the genealogy to the front, instead of interpolating.
     # So now we produce:
     #
     #   /branches/Rel2/foo/bar/baz.c
     #   /trunk/foo/bar/baz.c
     #
     # Why?  Well, Jack Repenning pointed out that this way is much
     # friendlier to "anonymously rooted subtrees" (that's a tree where
     # the name of the top level dir doesn't matter, the point is that if
     # you cd into it and, say, run 'make', something good will happen).
     # By interpolating, we made it impossible to point cvs2svn at some
     # subdir in the CVS repository and convert it as a project, because
     # we'd treat every subdir underneath it as an independent project
     # root, which is probably not what the user wanted.
     #
     # Also, see Blair Zajac's post
     #
     #    http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=38965
     #
     # and the surrounding thread, for why what people really want is a
     # way of specifying an in-repository prefix path, not interpolation.