[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup and workflows

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Jul 11 06:26:53 EDT 2005

Hi Anahide!

Anahide Tchertchian wrote:
> I'd like to make 3 main changes to the way CMFSetup handles workflow
> export/import:

Please note that all other tool handlers use utils.*ConfiguratorBase. I
didn't convert workflow.py because it is the biggest handler and it
works for me as it is. But it uses deprecated patterns, so if you plan
to improve it it might be worth to refactor it using *ConfiguratorBase.

> - turn import methods in CMFSetup/workflow.py into configurator class
> methods so that they're easier to override when subclassing
> (_extract*Nodes and _initDCWorkflow* methods)

Sounds fine if you don't want to do the big refactoring.

> - get rid of DCWorkflow specifics, and use the workflow factory and
> API methods to import a workflow (no need to import
> DCWorkflowDefinition, State, Transition classes anymore, for instance)

I didn't have a look at the details. But I'm afraid we would loose some
flexibility. Other import handlers allow fine-grained changes to
existing setups.

> - do not list workflows that are not supported when exporting (not
> supported workflows are listed but not exported at the moment)

You mean workflows without CMFSetup supported? i.e. CMFDefault
DefaultWorkflow? Why shouldn't they be listed?

Cheers,

	Yuppie