[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFSetup and workflows

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Jul 11 07:49:52 EDT 2005

yuppie  <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de> wrote:
> Anahide Tchertchian wrote:
> > I'd like to make 3 main changes to the way CMFSetup handles workflow
> > export/import:
>
> Please note that all other tool handlers use utils.*ConfiguratorBase. I
> didn't convert workflow.py because it is the biggest handler and it
> works for me as it is. But it uses deprecated patterns, so if you plan
> to improve it it might be worth to refactor it using *ConfiguratorBase.
>
> > - turn import methods in CMFSetup/workflow.py into configurator class
> > methods so that they're easier to override when subclassing
> > (_extract*Nodes and _initDCWorkflow* methods)
>
> Sounds fine if you don't want to do the big refactoring.
>
> > - get rid of DCWorkflow specifics, and use the workflow factory and
> > API methods to import a workflow (no need to import
> > DCWorkflowDefinition, State, Transition classes anymore, for instance)
>
> I didn't have a look at the details. But I'm afraid we would loose some
> flexibility. Other import handlers allow fine-grained changes to
> existing setups.
>
> > - do not list workflows that are not supported when exporting (not
> > supported workflows are listed but not exported at the moment)
>
> You mean workflows without CMFSetup supported? i.e. CMFDefault
> DefaultWorkflow? Why shouldn't they be listed?

If you're not able to export them, why list them ?

OTOH we *are* able to export DefaultWorkflow. It's just that the current
code puts the type in workflows.xml and doesn't export
somedefaultworkflow.xml whereas the pattern for other exports is to have
simply a mention of the object id to export and its filename, and
everything about the object exported in xml. Here we could simply have a
file containing just <workflow type="DefaultWorkflow"/> (or something
like that).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com