[Zope-CMF] Re: undo_form -> no content

David Chandek-Stark dc at duke.edu
Fri Jul 29 10:59:22 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> David Chandek-Stark wrote at 2005-7-27 16:10 -0400:
>
>>Sorry, this is a Plone site. There is a Plone skin template undo_form
>>which calls container.portal_undo.listUndoableTransactionsFor(here) to
>>get the undoable transactions.
>

> Not sure, whether Plone uses its own "UndoTool".

AFAIK, Plone's undo_tool and listUndoableTransactionsFor() method are
derived from the underlying CMF (1.4.7) and/or Zope (2.7.6-final/Python
2.3.4). Again, I suspect the problem is related to the fact that my user
folder (RemoteUserFolder 0.4) is outside the CMF/Plone site -- i.e.,
it's in the parent folder of the Plone site object. I thought that it
might be caused by Plone's dependency on GroupUserFolder -- but clearly
CMF and Plone allow you to use a higher level user folder for members,
so that shouldn't be a problem.

> The CMFCore "UndoTool" should show a user with the "ManagePortal"
> permission the same undoable transactions as the "Undo" tab
> of the portal's ZMI page.
> Other users will only see their own transactions.

Thanks,
David