[Zope-CMF] Re: Caching policy manager binding inconsistency

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Mar 7 05:54:03 EST 2005

Hi Jens!

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Well yes, deprecation warnings could be stuck in there somehow. And the
> available bound names should be explained on the (as yet not existing)
> Hurt System page to go with the "Policies" ZMI tab.

Don't know if we need deprecation warnings. At least it should be
documented somewhere and CMF itself should not use the old name.

(In case you are not aware of it: DCWorkflow already has a help page)

> I appreciate your comment about other actions in the CMF but just
> stating that won't solve any problem. Make suggestions, please, or
> enumerate other places you know about so that it is possible to map out
> where expressions are used so that it's possible to map out all the
> various usage patterns and find those things, like "content", that stick
> out and are likely to trip up people.

Ok. I added names of containers as well.

CMFCore.Expression.createExprContext:

         'object_url':   object_url,
         'folder_url':   folder.absolute_url(),
         'portal_url':   portal.absolute_url(),
         'object':       object,
         'folder':       folder,
         'portal':       portal,
         'here':         object,

DCWorkflow.Expression.createExprContext:

         'here':         ob,
         'container':    aq_parent(aq_inner(ob)),
         'root':         wf.getPhysicalRoot(),

CMFCore.ActionInformation.oai (used for DCWorkflow formatted strings):

         content_url
         folder_url
         portal_url
         content
         folder
         portal

> Yes, it is possible to argue on some theoretical plane that non-standard
> naming patterns should be kept, but when someone falls on their face
> because of it and I can't come up with some acceptable explanation why
> "special name X" is used, that proves to me it's no good.

Sometimes the object is not the same as the context of the requested
method, so it might be confusing to call it 'context'.

Cheers,

	Yuppie