[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup add-on support: a rough proposal

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Mar 9 09:19:30 EST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 13:14, yuppie wrote:
> Currently CMF has two machineries for setting up / configuring a site.
> While the new CMFSetup machinery has replaced the old way to set up
> complete sites, it doesn't allow to add configuration fragments needed
> by add-on products.
>
> A while ago the problem was discussed in this thread:
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-November/021476.html

Looking at the old message, your proposal right now deals with the
"replace external method install files" for add-on products? That's a
great idea, because there was nothing really standardized about them.
Well, I think a little standardization was imposed if you wanted your
installer to play nice with the Plone installer tool, but that doesn't
help the CMF much.

jens