[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMFSetup add-on support: a rough proposal

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Mar 10 07:12:28 EST 2005

Hi Yuppie,

While I still couldn't find time to work with CMFSetup, let me say that
I support your goals.

At some point I want to move CPS's configuration to be entirely based on
CMFSetup. For this the main requirement is that some add-on (or
customer) products will want to "update" the setup of the site, changing
only small pieces.

Included in these "updates" would probably also be removal of some
configuration (actions, portal types, workflow transitions, etc). I know
that's not the primary focus of CMFSetup which is mainly a static
description of a site, but as soon as you begin talking about add-ons I
feel this comes into play. But this turns a static file declaration into
a slightly more complex declarations-with-constraints framework...

Florent