[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.5 + Breaking products / Migration from 1.4

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Mar 23 11:24:40 EST 2005

I have recently upgraded my zope to 2.7.5 and am attempting to work
with the HEAD of CMF from CVS.  I really want to work with this because
the features are really excellent and this is the future - not the 1.4
branch.  The trouble I am having is with about 8 or 10 products that I
use.  I was able to get some of my own working again and some others
like CMFQuickInstaller that broke mostly due to the change from
CMFCore.CMFCorePermissions to CMFCore.permissons but I still have a
ways to go.  The latest tracebacks on a couple of other Products I am
having trouble with.  Maybe part of my problem is I should be tracking
down CVS versions of some of the products too as opposed to latest
releases.

Has anyone heard of whether people are working to have the more widely
used products fixed to work in CMF 1.5 + or is the user base just so
large on the 1.4 branch that there is likely to be little or no
movement until Plone is working on 1.5 (if they move in this
direction).  If not, I am wondering if some of the patched products
that people are fixing to work with 1.5 could be put somewhere (even
just temporarily until the Products developers catch up) so others can
benefit without all the breakage and/or a list of products compatible
with CMF 1.5 put together so people know what is going to happen if
they choose to migrate.

Regards,
David

CMFFormController:
   File
"/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/CMFFormController/
FSControllerPythonScript.py", line 27, in ?
     from Products.CMFCore.DirectoryView import registerFileExtension,
registerMetaType, expandpath
ImportError: cannot import name expandpath

Formulator:
   File "/usr/local/zope/instance1/Products/Formulator/FSForm.py", line
10, in ?