[Zope-CMF] Re: CVS: Products/CMFCore - PortalContent.py:1.47.2.1

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun May 8 17:58:11 EDT 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 18:28, yuppie wrote:

>> - CMFTopic.Topic/CMFCore.PortalContent: Both these classes were using
>>   the now-deprecated CMFCore.utils._getViewFor method, and strangely
>>   enough the deprecation warning didn't show. Replaced with the
>>   new method of getting the view.
>>

> Maybe the deprecation warning didn't show up because the method was
> never called?

Yes, I think that's right. I believe DynamicType
__before_publishing_traverse__ catches all those calls under normal
circumstances, which is something that occurred to me after the fact.

> 1.) It implements different behavior than CMF HEAD
>
> 2.) It breaks backwards compatibility
>

> I propose to use the code from HEAD and the _getViewFor code as
> fallback in case no '(Default)' alias is defined.

Yes, it's true. I didn't even look at CVS HEAD, I applied a "recipe"
I had used for a different CMF-based software product a little while
ago. I'll clean it up over the next couple days.

jens