[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup-based installation backport mostly complete

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Thu Nov 17 13:18:30 EST 2005

yuppie wrote:
> Hi Rob!
>

> Rob Miller wrote:
>
>> yuppie wrote:
>>
>>> 2.) Please set svn:keywords Id on new python files.
>>

>> /me reads svn docs to learn about svn:keywords.
>

> The easiest way to make sure they are set is to modify your svn config.
> You might need something like this::
>
>   [miscellany]
>   enable-auto-props = yes
>   [auto-props]
>   *.py = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Id
>   *.pt = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.txt = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.xml = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.zcml = svn:eol-style=native
>   *.zpt = svn:eol-style=native
>
> svn:eol-style=native seems to be set already in your config.

right... i've added the svn:keywords=Id to the *.py declaration, thx for
the tip.

>>> 3.) I'm a bit surprised how much of the TypesTool changes you ported
>>> back.
>>
>> all i did was move the FTI factory methods out of the TypesTool class
>> and into the module.  this makes it possible for the FTIs to be added
>> to the types tool using the regular
>> GenericSetup.utils.ObjectManagerHelpers mechanism, otherwise
>> "Factory-based Type Information" won't exist in Products.meta_types.
>>
>> i did this because i'm trying to match CMF trunk's site creation
>> mechanisms as much as possible.  it's possible (probable, even) that
>> there are side effects that i'm missing here, though.
>
> Sounds reasonable. There will not be many third-party products that try
> to register their own TypeInfo class.
>
> But you also removed the oldstyle manage_add* methods. That might break
> some products.

true... i'll put them back.

>>> 4.) At least CMF 2.0 TypesTool and ActionsTool have modifications
>>> that make it impossible to use the CMF 2.0 handlers for CMF 1.5 code.
>>> I guess you have to modify CMFSetup and use some CMF 1.5 handlers to
>>> get everything working.
>>
>> i've got all this working, or at least i think i do.  are the
>> TypesTool changes the ones i was mentioning above?
>
> I thought it would be easier to use some old handlers, but your approach
> to modify the new ones is fine. And I guess you are right that with your
> TypesTool changes the new handler works out of the box.
>
>> for the ActionsTool, creating actions as full blown objects of course
>> isn't working.  all i had to do to get this working, though, was to
>> remove some code from
>> CMFCore.exportimport.actions.ActionsToolNodeAdapter.  at first i
>> modified this code to actually add actions to the action providers in
>> the old manner, but was surprised to see that the actions were all
>> added twice; i guess the tool initializations handle adding the
>> actions themselves.
>
> I hope you saved a copy of what you did first. In CMF 1.5 all tools come
> with hardcoded initial settings. The handlers have to purge those
> settings and to add the actions from the profile. If you saw the actions
> added twice you forgot to clear the actions before doing the right thing.

okay, no prob.  i'll re-add that code, purging the appropriate actions
first.  i'm guessing the actions from all of the action providers need
to be removed, regardless of whether or not the action providers are
mentioned in the new profile.

thanks for your help,

-r