[Zope-CMF] Manager Proxy Role ineffective for deleting/moving objects

George Lee georgeleejr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:28:07 EST 2005

I forget if I submitted a collector issue about this before, but I
didn't see it. I just posted one at
<http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/396>:

Title: PortalFolder.py _verifyObjectPaste ignores executable security

Version info: CMF 1.5.4 but also in trunk

_verifyObjectPaste calls "sm.checkPermission(permission_name,self)"
rather than "_checkPermission(permission_name,self)"

This makes it ignore executable security. So, if _verifyObjectPaste is
in an external method or in a script with sufficient proxy roles, it
raises an Unauthorized error for users when the external method /
proxy role security should suffice.

Peace,
George

[originally posted this on the zope list yesterday but then discovered
this list also]