[Zope-CMF] Re: problem creating Five views for CMF

pete computer-project at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:39:47 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 13 Oct 2005, at 09:53, pete wrote:

>>>   <five:traversable class="Products.CMFDefault.Link.Link" />
>>>   <browser:view
>>>       for="Products.CMFDefault.interfaces.ILink"
>>>       name="link_view"
>>>       class=".linkviews.LinkDisplayView"
>>>       permission="zope2.View"
>>>       >
>>>     <browser:page name="index.html"  template="content_view.pt" />
>>>   </browser:view>
>>> From digging in Five/browser/metaconfigure.py the browser:page  tag
>>> should have triggered code that inserts the name "index" on  the
>>> view  class. But apparently it didn't :(
>>>

>> From a first look, I think it will have inserted the name
>> 'index.html' on the view class, so if you  type /address/to/link/
>> index.html then you should get the template.
>

> Tried that, same failure...

bah!  Next attempt - I copied an example from Five to get started and it
Just Worked, so you must be close!

Should it not be <browser:pages> rather than <browser:view>?

And I'm not sure it should have a name="link_view" in the containing
definition as that would apply to all the contained page definitions
(which could be confusing)  - perhaps in <browser:defaultView> instead?

...?