[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] SVN: CMF/branches/1.5/C CMFSetup: added support for configuring content type registry.

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Oct 16 11:52:00 EDT 2005

Hi Tres!

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Stefan H. Holek wrote:
>> Right, so at what point is the content-type-registry supposed to be
>> added now? Plone Site creation breaks after this checkin with:
>>
>>   File "/Users/zope/plonehd/Products/CMFCore/utils.py", line 83, in
>> getToolByName
>>     raise AttributeError, name
>> AttributeError: content_type_registry
>
> Plone needs to kick off a "CMFSetup profile" which creates all the tools
> before trying to use them.  Over time, there will be *nothing* left in
> the PortalGenerator class:  everything it used to do will be handled in
> a profile.
>
> For BBB, we should chat about what actually happens here.

I can't see any need to remove code from PortalGenerator on the 1.5
branch. So far CMFSetup was an optional component of CMF 1.5. Are you
sure you wanted to remove that code from the 1.5 branch?

Regarding the trunk (CMF 2.0):

Up to now I tried to keep manage_addCMFSite and PortalGenerator intact
for BBB, but this becomes more and more a big burden. So meanwhile I
would agree with dropping support for manage_addCMFSite, PortalGenerator
and related code completely.

This would mean that all products built on top of the CMF have to ship
with a GenericSetup profile for CMF 2.0.

Cheers,

	Yuppie