[Zope-CMF] CMFSetup: workflow scripts as external methods

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Oct 23 07:30:26 EDT 2005

There's an outstanding issue in the collector about workflow scripts
that are external methods. Currently, creating a snapshot of a site
with external methods on the Scripts tab of a DCWorkflow will just
blow up. The real question here is: Do we want to support that at
all? Taking a quick look at the code two options come to mind:

- When extracting workflow script information, external methods are
specifically ignored. The documentation is updated to reflect the
fact that only DTMLMethods and Script (Python) (or items derived from
them/behaving like them) are supported as far as import/export goes.

- External methods gain support by extending the saved information to
collect module/function values for external methods instead of trying
to read the body. This *will* make an import blow up if the
filesystem code the external method relies on is not in the expected
location.

I would favor the latter route, but would volunteer to implement
either solution. What's the consensus? Or are there other alternatives?

jens