[Zope-CMF] Re: getActionById replacement

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 12:06:19 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:
>> Okay, so how would you get the url for an action from inside a skin
>> script or template?
>
> obj.getActionInfo('object/view')['url'] for type actions or
> provider.getActionInfo('user/join')['url'] for other actions.

Now, do these return full urls or just the last segment, like
getActionById used to?

>       - url (string): URL to access the action
>
> This is the result of the url expression in the current request context.

Sorry, not aure I got that... The result of evaluating the url
expression in the context of the current request? Still not sure what
that means... examples?

> It is always useful if you want a link or redirect target - for
> traversal use queryMethodID instead.

What do you mean here by "for traversal"?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk