[Zope-CMF] Views / common templates

pete computer-project at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 06:09:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I'm trying
here first.

I'm trying to use five views for a set of forms I'm working on.  The
forms are part of an ordering process which takes place over 3 separate
pages (delivery, ccard details, confirmation).

As well as a site-wide template (main_template.pt), the forms in the
process also have a standard template (for example, what is in your
basket and a list of the steps in the process should be in the same
place on every page) called order_template.pt.  Then the individual
pages are called order_page1.pt, etc...

However, the problem that I'm hitting is that whenever I try to call
methods defined in my view class from order_template, I get an
  unauthorised exception, but I can call the same methods from
order_page1 etc without a problem.

Probably the most tricky bit is that order_template defines where form
actions and buttons should go, and I definitely wanted to keep this
detail in the view class rather than moving it elsewhere.

What's the pattern to achieve what I've outlined with views?  Has anyone
else tried to do this?  Am I trying to solve this problem the wrong way..?

TIA,

pete