[Zope-CMF] CachingPolicyManager improvements

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Sep 2 18:08:37 EDT 2005

> I have written unit tests for all the new functionality including
> what I
> believe to be the first CMFCore test suite to use ZopeTestCase.
> ZopeTestCase provides a lot of useful functionality, including
> functional tests, that I think will make for easier test writing going
> forward.
>
> Is there anything I need to do before checking it in?

Since this involves several pieces I would create a branch in
Subversion and put it there for the moment so that everyone can take
a good look.

IMHO there is at least one problematic item (well, it's not for the
trunk, but for the 1.5/1.4 branches), which is the dependency on
ZopeTestCase. The way the code works right now you immediately
prevent any tests from running on platforms that do not have
ZopeTestCase installed - it blows up the testrunner. That needs to
degrade a bit more gracefully in the absence of ZopeTestCase.

On the other hand there are items I would consider fit for merging
immediately, such as all the added header handling in the
CachingPolicyManager. The 1.5 branch is currently under "lockdown"
until Sunday when I will tag CMF 1.5.4 final.

jens