[Zope-CMF] Re: CachingPolicyManager improvements checked in to svn

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Sep 9 05:33:53 EDT 2005

Hi Geoff!

Geoff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:24:51 +0200, yuppie wrote:
>
>>Knock! Knock! Anybody there?
>>
>>I told you twice that I'm concerned about using PortalTestCase:
>>http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2005-September/022891.html
>>
>>Would be nice to get some feedback. Obviously you don't share those
>>concerns. What do you propose to do if changes in CMF make a new version
>>of PortalTestCase necessary?
>> [...]
>
> Perhaps I wasn't clear earlier when I said that I thought we should ship
> our own CMFDefaultTestCase with the CMF?  If I am understanding you
> correctly, shipping a CMF-specific CMFDefaultTestCase should address your
> dependency concerns.

???

Are you aware of the fact that test_Template304Handling.py depends on
PortalTestCase? Do you plan to change that before merging your branch?

>>>One other frustration: I was able to run my new tests in isolation, but
>>>when I ran the whole test suite, they failed.  The problem appears to be
>>>that somehow some things that happen in test_ActionProviderBase.py are not
>>>being cleaned up before test_Template304Handling.py.  Some items placed in
>>>the CMFSetup profile registry in test_ActionProviderBase.py are still
>>>present when test_Template304Handling.py runs.  I added a workaround that
>>>clears out profile_registry, but that shouldn't be necessary.  I don't
>>>know if the problem is with the test runner or with
>>>test_ActionProviderBase.py, but it's definitely bad that state from one
>>>test is affecting another.  This problem appeared in both Zope 2.7.7 and
>>>Zope 2.8.1.
>>
>>I guess ZopeTestCase installs again products that are already installed.
>>The registry raises errors if the same product is registered twice.
>>
>>Not sure how to resolve this.
>

> I believe that ZopeTestCase has some way of avoiding double imports since
> we have big test suites in Plone that all do their own imports.  I don't
> know the details, but perhaps Stefan Holek would?  I am not so sure it is
> a ZopeTestCase specific problem -- perhaps things have been running fine
> to date only because test_ActionProviderBase.py is the only test that does
> these kinds of imports.

Two observations:

- The traceback in
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2005-September/022933.html shows
that products *are* installed twice. This has nothing to do with a
specific test like test_ActionProviderBase.py. This seems to be a
general problem with running ZopeTestCase tests and other tests side by
side.

- Even with your workaround the tests are failing if run together with
CMFCalendar tests. Looks like the skin changes in
CalendarRequestTests.setUp are not cleaned up correctly.

Cheers,

	Yuppie