[Zope-CMF] Small CMFCatalogAware refactoring

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 03:46:53 EDT 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:
> The refactoring was obsious and harmless right ? Just removing hardcoded
>  references to portal_catalog and portal_workflow within the internals
> of CMFCatalogAware.

Well, that's not refactoring is it? You've added new functionality with
the intent of allowing a new feature, which may, at the very best, raise
problems when multiple catalogs are in use, which, as I understand it,
is something the CMF is largely predecated against.

For example, I've been hoping for a while to do something cleverer in
reindexObjectSecurity, but what I had in mind won't work if there's more
than one catalog where reindexObjectSecurity needs to work...

So I'm with Jens on this one, you could have at least done it on a
branch ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk