[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] SVN: CMF/branches/1.5/C CMFSetup: added support fo

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Sep 22 06:06:45 EDT 2005

On 22 Sep 2005, at 11:55, computing project wrote:

> Apologies!  Although I had tested adding the configured site via
> the ZMI several times (though only on 2.8), the removal of the two
> lines in setuphandlers somehow got missed out when I posted the
> code and patches.
>
> It is true that I didn't try checking out a clean install, applying
> all the patches and re-testing: I think the unit tests gave me a
> false sense of security.  If there's consensus on writing
> functional tests, then I'll happily submit one to check that the
> 'configured CMF site' works in the ZMI.

A functional test is not needed, all that was needed for the MailHost-
specific problem was to change the DummyMailHost implementation in
the tests to actually look like a Zope 2.7 MailHost. In the end the
unit tests were misleading.

The only complaint I really have is that the CMF1.5/Zope2.7 combo was
neglected here. Since the next major CMF release will be a pretty big
step it is important that CMF 1.5 stays supported because people
might be using it for a while before they are ready to make the jump
to the next CMF version.

jens