[Zope-CMF] Plone CatalogTool behavioural change in 2.5

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun Apr 23 16:07:56 EDT 2006

Previously Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> You're welcome to add deprecation warnings in the 1.5/1.6 branches,
> it's gone in 2.0/trunk already.

I'ld love to once the commit access thing is sorted out :)

> On the 1.6 branch you have both in place: the _initIndexes method on
> the CatalogTool, but also the GenericSetup-based way of index
> creation. So instead of reverting your change you could add a
> suitable GenericSetup profile?

CMFplone has a suitable GenericSetup profile. The problem is with third
party products that use CMFPlone.CatalogTool: their catalogs are
suddenly not initialized anymore. For the moment I've restored the
_initIndexes in there and added the deprecation warning.

Wichert.