[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: CMF roadmap update

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Tue Apr 25 15:21:09 EDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:33:01 +0100, David Pratt
<fairwinds at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Hi Jens. Z3 has it own uid facilities. I guess folks could pick this up
> through five could they not? Its all moving in that direction in any
> case.

Plone doesn't have UID, but Archetypes does. This is used primarily for
the reference engine, and it's one of the things we'd really like to
componentise out to make it independent of Archetypes. I'd say we should
aim to have one UID implementation at the Zope3 level and all use that, if
it's feasible. I'm not quite sure which part of Z3 you're talking about
though, so I can't comment on whether it's feasible.

Martin
--
(muted)