[Zope-CMF] Re: Abusing GenericSetup during traditional installs

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Aug 7 06:31:54 EDT 2006

Hi Martin!

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> I've used this here now:
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/borg/trunk/examples/charity/
>
> I'm basically using it to modify a FTI that I know exist (the use case
> is to modify, explicitly, not add).
>
> It may be nice if something like this was generalised a bit further and
> placed in a component of its own?

I'm not sure if this is the way to go.

My example code showed how to apply a single XML file. Your example
includes a small but complete extension profile in the 'setup'
directory. I guess it would be easier to use a DirectoryImportContext
and import step handlers for that profile instead of implementing
similar stuff in update* methods.

Unfortunately I can't point you to code that works this way.

Cheers,

	Yuppie