[Zope-CMF] [Warning] Danger from Zope caching, especially the CMF Caching Policy Manager

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Dec 18 02:38:18 EST 2006

Previously Dieter Maurer wrote:
> The description indicates in what direction the CPM should get fixed:
>
>   * If the response already provides cache control, the CPM should
>     not override it, as it is likely that the specific information
>     available to the response generating process is more trustworthy
>     then the general CPM policies.

If we want to make CPM smarted wouldn't it make more sense to have it
select the most restrictive set of caching settings? If I have static
content that can be cached forever but include a portlet with private
information which changes every minute I do not want to get the caching
settings for the static content.

Wichert.