[Zope-CMF] Re: Bug when removing state in DCWorkflow

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Jan 5 11:32:07 EST 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> Florent Guillaume:
>> That's been the intent of the code all along: when you query the
>> workflow tool and ask it for the state of an object, this is passed
>> along to DCWorkflow, and if the object doesn't have a state anymore
>> the  initial state is returned.
>>
>> However if you remove a valid state, nothing queries and recatalogs
>> all  the objects, so they still have an old review_state in the catalog.
>>
>> "Update security settings" is for a different use case, I'm not sure
>> it  should be retrofitted into doing this.
>

> So why did it work in earlier CMF versions? I'm curious. :)

How early? The current code calls:

     ob.reindexObject(idxs=['allowedRolesAndUsers'])

for updated objects, and it's been that since July 2002.

The review state is *not* reindexed. Which is only normal for a method
called updateRoleMappings.

> The reason why this is so important to me is that it removes the
> ability  for non-developers to do any sort of meaningful change to the
> workflow.  Removing a state and having the objects in that state fall
> back to the  initial state is extremely useful - whether it was
> intentional or not.

I understand the use case. It's just that it's not something the code was
ever supposed to do.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com